Here is our Olive and Rosy take on some classic gift ideas
A Sock Set Socks will never be a boring gift with these fab fun and colourful socks from Thought. Made from bamboo and organic cotton, they are kind to the planet too. Stock up for a few friends and family with our multibuy offer; 2 pairs for £12, 3 for £16 or 4 for £20. Or choose three pairs and we will box them for you for £16.50. The children's gift box is adorable and we have sets for men too.
2. Cashmere The ultimate luxury gift. Ours is all made from upcycled yarn from Tuscany and is even softer than usual due to being reworked. We have hats, gloves, scarves and headbands so you can mix and match to create a bespoke bundle as well as individual pieces.
3. A Hamper We have empty hampers all ready for you to fill with goodies of your choice. Lots of our store cupboard items are beautifully packaged, meaning they will look great in a hamper. Theme them by taste favourites such as truffle, fig, or a sweet tooth or just keep it simple with a pasta and a sauce. You could even add a pair of socks or piece of jewellery. We don't plastic wrap our hampers, but we will finish them with ribbon and a paper flower.
4. Olive Oil These handmade ceramic jugs are filled with 500ml of Puglian olive oil. Keep refilling them and they will have pride of place in the kitchen for years to come.
5. Biscuits Soft or fruit filled amaretti, crispy cantucci for wine dipping, chocolate or jam filled bon-bons, organic crispy nutty croccantini or chocolate-dipped grissini ... there are biscuits galore in store this year!
6. Journals (and Mind Cards) I always find the days between Christmas and New Year are a perfect time to reflect and snuggle up for some relaxation time and thoughts on the year to come. These journals and are a perfect way to get into good habits ready for January and make a mindful start to the year.
7. Sparkle These fair-trade roll on bracelets are a simple way to gift a little festive sparkle. These are so easy to wear but definitely bring a touch of instant glamour to an outfit. We also have a multibuy offer so you can tick a few people off your gift list in one shop. £8 each, £15 for two and £20 for three. Designed to fit anybody, these would make a pretty and classy Secret Santa gift.
8. Hair Pins I love the ancient history of hairpins, considered luxury objects among the Egyptians then Greeks, Etruscans, and Romans. They are also very, very useful! Keep a long tradition going with these gorgeously minimal designs. Each pin is wrapped in tissue and comes with instructions for use.
9. Nougat In Italy, nougat, known as torrone, will usually make its appearance at the end of the traditional yuletide dinner. During December you can visit many Torrone festivals in the towns and villages to stock up on this Christmas dessert. You will find this sweet and nutty treat in all varieties, from long bars to individually wrapped bites, rock hard to soft, thinly sliced or chunky, and from the coloured to the chocolate covered or simply as it comes. We've got just a handful of these options for you this year.
10. Panettone This is one Italian tradition that we are now pretty familiar with in the UK and on his first visit here in December 2014, Stefano was happy to discover this Milanese Christmas cake could be found in many a supermarket. But does this compare to picking up your Panettone from a proper Italian deli? We think not, of course! In 1395 it was decreed that all the ovens in Milan would bake the so-called Pan del ton at Christmas: a white bread, considered a luxury and thus usually out of the reaches of the city's poor. The Christmas ritual of the Milanese families became the "log" ceremony: on Christmas Eve, a Pan del ton was shared piece by piece among family members as they gathered around the hearth. We've added a special offer of a bottle of biodynamic prosecco and cake for £25.
11. Cami Set We have created this special Christmas bundle of camisole and briefs all ready for you to wrap. Available in Small, Medium or Large.
12. Cheese Selection Box
Pick a selection of three cheeses and we will box them up all ready for the big day. If buying before the 23rd December, or online, they will be vacuum sealed to maintain freshness.
We also have Gift cards available if you prefer to let your recipient make the choice. These are now available online here as well as at the shop.
Browse or Shop our Gifting Edit here
On Wednesday 1st, 8th and 15th December we are offering a free gift wrapping service at the shop. Your present will be wrapped in kraft paper, then finished with a little Tassotti Italian printed paper plus some upcycled/reused decorative pieces. We hope to see you soon!